Trying really hard to fast from my last evening meal through to lunch/brunch time and actually this is proving to be much easier than I had envisaged. Black coffee has been my go to breakfast drink and I love it. I don’t think I will ever go back to adding milk which is a real turnaround for me as I would NEVER have taken my coffee black, cappuccino for me every time; no matter what time in the day it was (don’t tell the Italians in our family they would have been appalled at my afternoon cappuccino – so British)!!
Actually amazed that I rarely feel hungry in the mornings anymore; I wonder how many people simply eat three meals a day because that’s what we’ve been conditioned to do. It’s actually a very sane concept to eat the right foods when you feel hungry, as opposed to the wrong foods three times a day.
Brunch for me today was leftovers from the fridge (serves one).
A little butter
Handful of kale
4 slices of chorizo
1 mushroom sliced
Half an avocado
Few slices of mozzarella
Half a red/half yellow tomato
- Add some butter to a pan and gently fry the kale until a little crispy (then add some salt and pepper).
- Once crispy remove from the pan and put to one side, then add the mushroom and quickly pan fry. Once they are a golden colour remove the mushrooms and place with the kale.
- Then add the whisked eggs to the pan. Cook the eggs until almost firm.
- Now add the chorizo slices and the mushrooms.
- Finally, remove from the pan onto a plate and add the kale on top of the omelette, then add the slices of avocado, chopped tomatoes, basil and mozzarella.
Now sit down, feet up and enjoy – Buon Appetito!